FORD has received 6,506 completed applications from enthusiasts around the world – including over 500 from the UK – wanting to buy a new Ford GT.
They all came during a one-month window to apply to purchase the new EcoBoost-powered, carbon-fibre supercar.
Many submitted videos with their applications and applicants featured children, lighting effects, racing footage, revving engines, garage tours and life stories to show why they should own the all-new Ford GT.
The new production supercar is expected to arrive by the end of this year and though the initial application window is closed, Ford GT fans can continue building and sharing virtual models at www.FordGT.com.
Ford’s global performance director Dave Pericak said: “We’re excited by the amount of enthusiasm fans are showing for the new Ford GT.
This year’s return of the Ford GT as a road and race car is being captured as a five-part series that can be viewed on YouTube.
Culminating in a 60-minute documentary, “The Return” features company chairman Bill Ford and other company luminaries to show the development of the GT and its adventures on the racetrack in both the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and FIA World Endurance Championship.
You can watch parts one to three at http://bit.ly/1ZISKpc of the following schedule:
- Episode 1: “The Return: The Decision” – Bill Ford, Raj Nair and Dave Pericak discuss what it will take to be successful with the all-new Ford GT.
- Episode 2: “The Cutting Edge” – Ford GT represents the best and newest technology Ford has to offer – elements that will benefit the full product line-up.
- Episode 3: “Let’s Race” – Tells the story of the Ford GT’s racing debut at the Rolex 24 At Daytona.
- Episode 4: “A Driver’s Perspective” – Tells the story from the drivers’ point of view, from what it was like to be selected to competing at the Le Mans 24 Hours.
- Episode 5: “The Road to Le Mans” – The race to the starting line comes to a close at last at the 2016 Le Mans 24 Hours.